Sunday, January 9, 2011

My blog, v.5.0-ish

I'm working on a list of 101 things to accomplish in 1,001 days.  One of them is to start blogging again--I miss it, and Facebook notes just aren't the same.

Unfortunately, what finally spurred me to compose a full-length post was yesterday's assassination in Tucson.  I don't want to give anyone false expectations--I am a sociologist, and I do plan to sometimes address serious issues from an academic standpoint.  However, this blog will be pretty eclectic, and not always so serious.

Some things you may expect to read about here (by no means an exhaustive list):
  • Sociology
  • Amateur (like, seriously amateur) photography, often with accompanying Picnikified visual aids
  • Trashy books
  • Books that are less trashy
  • Belligerent rants
  • Crockpot cooking
  • Shoes, shoes, shoes
  • Cross-stitch (yeah... that's on the list, too)
  • Video games (particularly City of Heroes)
  • Mix CDs
  • TV shows
  • Gender & sexuality
  • Teaching
  • My cats
  • Experimental hair (currently, it is Atomic Pink, Cherry Bomb, and Candy Apple)
  • Bicycling (more when it's not freaking freezing outside)
  • Karaoke
  • Las Vegas (my spiritual home)
  • Race & ethnicity
  • Facebook

So there you are.  Tell your friends, assuming they can tolerate shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment